Monday, August 18, 2014

Breathing in the Last Few Smells of the Jungle Rain

Hey Fam!
Wow what a week. Well remember me telling you guys that we had 5 baptisms this last week, and that there wasn´t any problems but that I was waiting for the problems to come because there is ALWAYS problems when it comes to baptisms? Well them came. Haha We found out that ??? and drank coffee 2 days before her last interview for baptism. Lame! So we told her that she had to wait another week to get baptized. However she was planning on getting baptized with her sister ????, but ????  didn´t drink the coffee and was allowed to get baptized this last Saturday. So we asked ????  if she wanted to ahead and follow with the plans and get baptized Saturday the 16th or if she wanted to wait for her sister and get baptized on the 23rd.  She told us she wanted to wait to get baptized with her sister. If was a really beautiful moment with them, there was a lot of sisterly love between the two of them. So this week we were able to baptize 3 souls and ???? and ???? will be getting baptized this coming Saturday. Woot! Things are going so well in the mission. 

This Sunday it rained like crazy!!! My comp and I were about and about visiting less actives when the storm hit. We ran for cover and waited out the rain under someone´s front porch. (totally normal here) I took a couple deep breaths of the smell of the jungle rain while we watched the little kids splash around in the mud. A large lump formed in my throat as I thought to myself that this might be one of the last times that I get to have an experience like this. I love my mission so much. Peru´s jungle has become my home for a year and a half. I love these people and I love helping them come unto Christ. 

I´m enjoying the time that I have here left in the mission. Thank you all so much for all your love and support. Thank you for all your prayers.
Con mucho amor, Hermana Price   

No comments:

Post a Comment