Monday, October 21, 2013

A 20-Second Choice

October 21, 2013

Hey fam!!!
So I don`t have much time to write: So my week was a little interesting. First of all, you know about that rash that a lot of the North American kids get when they come here to the jungle? Well…… It broke out all over my neck and lips like there`s no tomorrow! All week my lips have been white and swollen. It itches SO bad it´s the worst thing ever. So I asked this lady in my ward what I should do to make it better and she gave me this cream that has helped a little, but that was one crazy thing that happened this week. Then our baptism that we had planned fell through. Her name is Claudia and her cousin is a member, but her parents aren't, and her mom said no. She doesn't want her child to get baptized. That was really hard for us because we haven`t had one baptism all this month. And just when you think the disappointment and the sadness was over…. NOPE our only hope for a baptism this month was Victor but he didn't attend church this week so we can´t baptize him. L We have to wait until next month for Nov. 2nd. I was sitting in sacrament this week thinking about my investigators and everything and I felt super sad and disappointed because none of them attended church. I think while in the mission we get a little taste of how our Heavenly Father feels about us when we don´t obey basic commandments. Then I realized when we have disappointments in life we or moments like I had in church this week when you feel like nothing is going right, you have 20 seconds. Twenty seconds to be sad and disappointed. Then when that 20 seconds is over you have a choice. You get to choose what you are going to do about it. Are you going to let the sadness and disappointment continue, or are you going to do something about it and work harder to change the negative into a positive? This mission is still the hardest thing I´ve done, but I wouldn't have it any other way because I`m growing and learning about myself and my about relationship with my Heavenly Father. I am so thankful that we have experiences in life when we get to learn and grow and stretch ourselves. I love you all so much and I´m so blessed to have you in my life. I cannot testify enough about how blessed we are to live in Utah where the church is established and going strong. Thank you for all your prayers and love. J
Until Next week… Your, Hermana Price. J

Hugs and Kisses!!!!!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment