Monday, October 28, 2013

Started off Running!

October 28, 2013

Hello fam!
Wow! What a week. So my companion and I started off the week running. We found two new families to teach! But at the beginning of the week,  I was a little bummed that we weren't going to have a baptism for this month. It would've have been my first month without a baptism in my mission. We had problems with one of our investigators named Victor. Victor has received the missionaries on and off for about 8 years. All of his family are members except him and his and his girlfriend (the mother of their three kids). We've been working with him for about the whole time I've been in Pucallpa. The problem was that we couldn't find his paperwork to get him married and of course we don´t baptize people who are living with their girlfriends or boyfriends. Our Zone Leaders knew about our situation and told us they would do some work and find a solution. So when we were teaching another investigator Friday night, our cell phone rang. I walked out to the front porch and answered the phone… It was my Zone Leader Elder ...... “Sister Price! I have some good news…” (But in Spanish of course) “You and sister .....  are going to have a marriage and a baptism tomorrow!” Tears started to well up in my eyes and I think I screamed a little bit! FINALLY this family could be united in marriage and Hno. Victor could FINALLY enter into the waters of baptism.  YAY! We weren't planning on a wedding or a baptism so everything was a little crazy and we had to throw together a baptism, but it all worked out. It was a beautiful day with a marriage and baptism. Then yesterday we had a family home evening with a bunch of people from the ward in their house.  I wanted to send pics but my computer isn't working! Only in the jungle.
Something else that has been going on this week is the members from the Ward are going to the temple this weekend. Mom, you asked me to send you a little info for your lesson this week. We have two families who are going to the temple for the first time this weekend. Let me tell you a little bit of what these people have to do in order to go to the temple in Lima. They have to take a 20 hour bus ride to Lima. It costs them about 80 soles ($30) and for most people here 80 soles is a stretch. The road to Lima is SUPER crazy with all sorts of bumps and crazy turns. They don´t make any stops and they have to pack their own food. Every time I think about it, puts a lump in my throat. When I was at home and wanted to attend the temple I would just hop into my heated or air conditioned car and drive a whopping 6 minutes to the temple. I cannot testify enough of how blessed we are to live in Utah and have so many temples so close. I wish I could write more but I don´t have much time for the internet today, but just tell the sisters in the Ward to take advantage of the temples so close to you. It is such a sacrifice for these people to attend the temple and sometimes takes years to prepare to attend. I love this gospel so much and I know that temples are houses of the Lord and I miss the the peace and revelation that can come from the temple.
Love, Hermana Price.

PS Thanks everyone for your letters :)

No comments:

Post a Comment