Monday, November 4, 2013

IT TAKES MY BREATH AWAY!!

November 4, 2013




Hellllllllllo Fam!
Is it Monday already? Crazy! This week FLEW by. This week was SO much fun and SO crazy. J First off, we are teaching this little boy named Luis and he lives in Kil. 14 which is way out in the middle of nowhere. We went to teach him in his house Tuesday and it took us 45 minutes to drive there. We asked our neighbor who is a member and has a motorkar if he would be willing to drive us because it would be pretty expensive to pay for a car to drive us out there. My companion and I were in HEAVEN on our way out there. His houses is way out in the jungle, and guess what little miss Hermana Price forgot, HER CAMERA! Hmmm I must take after my mom. J But it´s ok we´re going back out there again on Tuesday. When we pulled up to the house it almost took my breath away. It was the cutest little jungle house ever (I´ll be sending pictures) It was so quiet and peaceful out there. First they showed gave us a little tour of the house and their farm land, they own cows and tons of fruit trees. Then we taught little Luis in their backyard about Joseph Smith and the Restoration. It was one of the coolest lessons I´ve ever had. We talked about how Joseph Smith was only 14 when he started searching for the truth, we then applied the life of Joseph to the life of Luis and how the both of them are farm boys and how Joseph went to a field of trees near his house to ask which church he should join and how Luis could do the same with all the jungle that surrounds him. It was really cool and very spiritual for me. Later his aunt (who is a member) made us dinner. By the time we ate it, it was night time and where they live they don´t have electricity so we got to eat our dinner of rice, eggs, and fried bananas by candle light. It was such a neat experience. While we were eating I just keep thinking to myself, I am so blessed to have the opportunity to go out in the middle of the jungle to teach people like Luis the gospel. When we finished dinner, we walked to the motorkar to leave for our next appointment when I looked up at the sky and once again the beauty of the jungle took my breath away. THE STARS WERE INCREDIBLE! I´ve never seen so many stars and so bright. Our heavenly father sure made a beautiful world. J
I have SO much I want to tell you but I think I´ll wrap this letter up with another animal story, so… Almost every time we get back to our house from our day of work there is always a little bit of a surprise. Well last night threw us a curve ball. I walked in to our house and put my bag down and walked back to the room where we sleep and turned on the light, and there waiting for me was a HUGE SPIDER!!! Not just any spider a tarantula. I screamed at the top of my lungs and yelled for my comp to hand me the broom. With all my might I tried to kill the little monster WACK!!!! I missed! Good thing this spider was a little slower than others and I had time to try another swat. WACK!!!! Mission accomplished. And of course this whole time my comp and I are screaming like there is a murderer in the house. Not even 3 seconds later Hermana Rubi was pounding on our door yelling for us to open the door. Once we knew our little visitor was dead, we opened the door and showed her what had happened. She told us that whenever there is a lot of rain the spiders start to come. Great! The only time I´ve seen a spider that big was at the zoo safely behind a glass cage. Oh I´m just livin it up here in the Selva. J Love you guys and thanks for your love and support. Hugs and kisses!

Hermana Price. J Aka Jungle women

No comments:

Post a Comment