Monday, November 18, 2013

My New Apartment is my Happy Place

Monday, November 18, 2013

Hey fam!!!!
Yet another good week here in the Jungle. We had a bautismo this week!!! WOOT! Luis got baptized this weekend. It was a great experience. So here in the mission we really try with all we've got to teach families. It´s not really “frowned upon” to have a baptism of a Little teenage boy but it´s better to have a baptism of a family than just a teenage kid, however Luis´s baptism was one of the most spiritual baptisms I´ve had in my mission. The person getting baptized has the chance to share his or her testimony. Luis got right up there and gave the sweetest testimony ever. He got all choked up and tears started to roll down his cheeks. You guys know that right now I´m not having the success I would like to, but when I was sitting there listening to Luis´s testimony the spirit whispered to me that even though Luis is only 14 years old he can feel the spirit and be converted to the gospel, and his soul is a soul and it doesn't matter at what age. But the neat part was, that Luis´s parents (who aren't members or even attended church before) came to his baptism to support him. While Luis was giving his testimony his mom started to cry. After everything was said and done I went over to talk to her. I grabbed her hands and told her that this church is for the family and that one day she and her husband could join Luis in bautismo. Tears started to well  up in her eyes and in mine,  then she whispered “we´ll be coming back”.  This work is so sweet and even though I have my moments of trials and tears, those powerful moments with the spirit make it all worth it. Today is Cambios!!!!! WOOOOT! We´re all really excited to see what´s going to happen. We have a TON of new elders coming in. Oh and by the way my comp and I are changing houses today our new apartment is SO nice!!!  Hopefully that will help lift my spirits. My house that I´m in right now….. is the prettiest thing I've lived in…. Haha but anyways we had a great week and we´re excited for a new one, I hope everyone is doing well and is happy. Thanksgiving is coming up!!!! Woot! Thinking of mom´s cooking make my mouth water. Love you all!
Love, Hermana Price.  Hugs and kisses!

No comments:

Post a Comment