Monday, November 25, 2013

PIONEERS in the JUNGLE

Monday, November 25

Well like always when I have a transfer I have a BILLION things to write, now if only I had a BILLION minutes to write everything to you guys. First of all I want to let you all know how happy I am. I haven´t been this happy in my mission for awhile. I GOT A NEW AREA!!!! :D My new area is called Primavera. Just a little info about where I´m living. Where we meet for church on Sundays isn't in a chapel. It´s in a house - we don´t have a Chapel here, it's just a big house that we meet in.  I´m way out in the jungle! My new companion (hna. Centeno from Peru) She and I are the first sisters to be in the area. Every member we meet tells us that we are pioneers because we´re the first Hermanas to be in Primavera. My area is HUGE!!!!!! Which I like because that means that there are lots people to teach. We've been in the area for about 5 days now and we already have two investigators who have a baptism date!!! We´re planning to baptize Juan and Jessica in December 14th. My bishop is AMAZING! I called him our second day in the area and asked if one of the members who has a motorkar could drive us around and help up find some families to teach. At first he wasn't sure who to ask, but then he told us to ask the husband of the lady who cooks our breakfast and dinner - Hno Sanchez. 1: This is a good sign, this shows that my bishop knows his members. Then he told me when I ask Hno Sanchez to tell him that the Ward will pay him back for the gas in his motokar (2. He wants to make sure that Hno Sanchez is taken care of too for his sacrifice) I thanked him and he told me how excited he was to have Hermanas in the Ward now and he gave me a warm welcome. I hung up the phone feel satisfied. But then not even two minutes later the Bishop called me back and told me that he called Hno. Sanchez and spoke with him and everything is planned out, Hno Sanchez is going to drive us around and help us find families to teach from 6 to 9 then he will drive you home. (3. Wow I think I almost started crying when he told me that. I´ve never had a Bishop who made sure we were taken care of like that.) I LOVE my new area. My Ward is the best Ward I've  had in my whole mission. I think we´re going to have a lot of success here.
I´m also training again! Hermana Centeno has a whopping 6 days in the feild. She is AWESOME! She is 23 and is from Peru (but I forgot what part) She is so sweet and is super prepared spiritually for the mission. A funny story: So our first night in our house our district leader called us (Elder Anderson from…. I forgot where he´s from) but he was asking us if we needed anything for our house, I looked around and realized we didn´t have beds or a frige or wáter, so I started naming off my list of things we needed, then my companion said “toilet paper! We don´t have toilet paper!” haha! Elder Anderson heard what she said over the phone and we both started laughing and Elder Anderson said, “oh my goodness sister!” haha Then I told her that we have to buy that ourselves. Haha But something else that´s cool is that we share the Ward with the elders so there is the four of us because Primavera is so huge. But anyways my new Little house is super cute and I´m loving my area so far. The Lord sure knows the desires of our hearts. I feel like I´m where I´m suppose to be. I am in love with my area and the people in my Ward. I am so blessed to be here with this people. I see the hand of the Lord in my mission life every single day and I know He is looking out for my more Than I know. I´m happy and doing great. Things are looking up. Thank you for all your love and support.
Love, Hermana Price. J

No comments:

Post a Comment