Monday, March 3, 2014

The Wedding Planner

Hello!!!
How is everyone doing? I´m still doing just fine here in paradise. J Things are going fine and time is flying by fast. This week was awesome! Reninger and Rosa got married this week. The wedding was really beautiful, maybe it was because I designed it… ;) 

So Peruvians are very rich in their culture and weddings can pretty much be the same. Everyone always has the same colors and has their first dance as husband and wife is also to the same song, and there just isn´t too much creativity there… So I just thought we should do something different… At the back of our church there is a really huge mango tree so I talked my comp into having the wedding under the mango tree. We started setting up all the chairs and we started hanging balloons from the tree. We set up this really pretty place for the cake and everything. It looked really good! Everyone was like Wow! Thats really different! I couldn´t tell if the ladies in the relief society liked it but Rosa seemed to like it so that´s all that mattered. J All their friends and family came. It was really fun. J But I was a little bugged with our Elders. 

First of all they came to the wedding in basketball shorts and tee shirts because they had “a service project” planned that they never went to. Then they just sat around and played with the music the whole time. They didn´t even get up and welcome the non member guests. Our Branch president was a little upset too. He actually talked to them this Sunday telling them to step-it-up. 

I remember this lady that came to speak to us in the MTC she said, now sisters if your Zone leaders or your district leaders are 19 going on 12 you can either decide to get upset and impatient with them or you can help them fulfill their calling. Sometimes I have to remind myself of that. 

I know that the Gospel of Jesus Christ is perfect but His church here on earth is lead by imperfect people. I know it´s so easy to get impatient with the leaders - I have sometimes but if I just remember that I´m just as imperfect as they are it helps me have more patience. Haha

Any who! What´s going on in the good old promised land? I miss you guys so much. Can you believe that I have 6 months left! Not that I´m trunky or anything… ;) No really the work is going great and I am happy. J I´m actually pretty excited for this week. Elder Scott Grow is coming from the 70. He will be giving us training on our ward and branch councils. It will be really good. Then the missionaries here and in Tarapoto will be having a special devotional from him too. Woo! So excited. They also told us that he will be doing personal interviews with us. I hope he picks me! 

Anyways, life is good and the missionary work is coming along just fine. I´m really excited for Reninger´s baptism. J It should be fun. Anyways love you tons and I hope everyone is happy and enjoying this fun, crazy adventure we call life. J
Hugs and kisses! Love, Aubs.   

No comments:

Post a Comment