Monday, June 2, 2014

Skinny Skirts and Fasting

Hey Family!

Welp… yet again nothing too excited happened this week. But, I´m still just as happy as ever. J I can´t even begin to tell you guys how much I love my branch President and his family. They are the greatest! This week Hna. Elizabeth made me a skirt that is SUPER cute. J She told me I look skinny in it. Haha Yay! for compliments! They are such a great family. This week the Branch president sat my comp and I down with the other elders and asked us if there is anything that he can do better to help us as missionaries. He is such a great leader, it´s such a privilege to work with people like him in the work of the Lord.

Speaking of the work of the Lord, we´re still having problems finding people that are prepared to listen and accept the gospel; however, one spiritual experience I had this week was when we taught Hermana Thalia about fasting
Hermana Thalia is an investigator that we´ve had for a while now. She is SO ready to be baptized and she has been to church 3 times now, but her husband has told us over and over that he isn´t ready to be baptized. So we decided to teach her about the law of the fast. It was an awesome lesson and the Spirit was really strong. She told us that she wants to get baptized, but she wants to get baptized with her husband. 

After we taught her about fasting and why it was important for us to fast, and how we should always fast with a purpose we invited her to fast with the purpose of softening her boyfriend’s heart with the desire to get baptized. 

We have another appointment with them on Tuesday so we will see what will happen. Sorry I don´t have much time left to tell you guys more details. But I LOVE this work. My mission is so awesome and I wouldn´t trade these priceless life lessons for anything. Thank you for all your love and support!

Love, Sister Price   

No comments:

Post a Comment